- The Plains Where Flaminius Was Defeated by Hannibal, at the Lake of Thrasimene
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 × 11 1/4 inches (22.7 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The plains where Flaminiius was defeated | by Hannibal -at the Lake of Thrasymene | June 18 1804"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "IV/21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, The Plains Where Flaminius Was Defeated by Hannibal, at the Lake of Thrasimene, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.