Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Nuns Praying at Altar of a Church, 1802-1804
Nuns Praying at Altar of a Church
- Part Of:
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 10 9/16 inches (34.3 × 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "IV/47"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | apse | archways | Catholicism | church | crucifix | Doric | kneeling | monument | nuns | paintings | praying | religious and mythological subject | statue
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.