Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Nuns Praying at Altar of a Church, 1802-1804
Nuns Praying at Altar of a Church
- Part Of:
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 10 9/16 inches (34.3 × 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "IV/47"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | apse | archways | Catholicism | church | crucifix | Doric | kneeling | monument | nuns | paintings | praying | religious and mythological subject | statue
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.