Deer in the Forest
- ca. 1926
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 9 3/8 inches (36.1 x 23.8 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 6 9/16 inches (21.5 x 16.6 cm), Image: 8 3/8 x 6 5/16 inches (21.2 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper right: "38"; in graphite, upper right: "52"; lower left: "Etat | 50"; lower right: "! ! !"
Marked in black ink, upper center, stamp: "(Shield with designs) G. de Paris | Regist. | des ferm. | du Roy | T. D. G."; second mark, stamp, upper center: "(caligraphy designs)"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Joseph Hecht"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | branches | deer | forest | landscape | leaves | mountains | trees | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.