- Materials & Techniques:
- Red chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted to board
- Sheet: 21 × 29 inches (53.3 × 73.7 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "PORTIA"
Signed in black chalk, lower left: "E R HUGHES", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.