IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Reconstruction of the Second Theatre at Laodicea, ca. 1750
Reconstruction of the Second Theatre at Laodicea
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 20 15/16 inches (37.6 x 53.2 cm), Image: 7 15/16 x 12 5/16 inches (20.1 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "66 | LVII"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXVI"; in black ink, lower center: labeled scale; in graphite, lower center: "The Scena of the 2d Theatre at Laodicea"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | capitals | columns (architectural elements) | Hellenistic | Phrygian | reconstruction | Rococo | statues | steps | theater | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Denizli Ili | Ege kiyilari | Laodicea | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Daniel R. McReynolds, Palladio's legacy, architectural polemics in eighteenth-century Venice , no. 5, Marsilio, Venezia, 2011, pp. 90, 92, 93, fig. 49, NJ18.P18 M27 2011 (LC) (HAAS) [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.