IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, ca. 1750
Plan of the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 9/16 x 14 15/16 inches (54.7 x 38 cm), Image: 11 3/8 x 10 11/16 inches (28.9 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "47"; in brown ink, upper left: "XLVII [crossed out, replaced in graphite with '41']"; in black ink, within image: scale and letters labeling image; in brown ink, lower center: "RESTI DEL TEMPIO DI DIANA A' EFESO"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aerial view | ancient Greek | architectural subject | cartographic material | Roman | scale (rule) | site plan | temple
- Associated Places:
- Ege kiyilari | Ephesus | Izmir Ili | Temple of Artemis | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.