- Members of an Ionic Temple at Teos
- ca. 1750
- Black and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 15/16 inches (53.9 x 38 cm) and Image: 12 1/2 x 8 1/16 inches (31.8 x 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "XXXIX"; in brown ink, upper left: "XLV."; in black ink, within image: various measurements; in brown ink, within image, lower right: "26·5·1 | in Secondo Vitruuio"; in graphite, lower center: "Members of Ionic Temple at Teios | Members of the Ionic Temple at Teios"; in brown ink, on back, upper left: "Teo Tempio di Baui"; on back, lower center: "XIV"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | frieze (entablature component) | Ionic | Lydian | moldings | ornament | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Izmir Ili | Teos | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Members of an Ionic Temple at Teos, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.