- Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Ephesus, Probably that of Hadrian
- ca. 1750
- Black and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 15 1/8 inches (54 x 38.4 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 8 1/16 inches (31.5 x 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "49 | XXXIII"; in brown ink, upper left: "XLIX."; within image: labels A-D; in black ink, within image: various measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Plan and a Capital of the Pilaster of the Corinthian Temple at Ephesus"
watermark: Strasburg lily (Churchill 407 or 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | capitals | columns | Corinthian order | friezes | scale (rule) | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Ephesus | Izmir Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Ephesus, Probably that of Hadrian, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.