- Mausolio d'Haliatte in Faccia a Sardes
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 21 7/16 inches (38.3 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 x 14 1/16 inches (22.9 x 35.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "14 | 5"; in brown ink, upper left: "XV"; within image: labels A-G; lower center: "MAVSOLEO D'HALIATTE IN FACCIA A' SARDES"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | Lydian | mountains | Persian | Roman | tomb | valley
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Manisa Ili | Sardis | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Mausolio d'Haliatte in Faccia a Sardes, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.