Plan of a Temple at Mylasa and Detail of a Coffered Ceiling from a Tomb
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 14 13/16 x 21 1/4 inches (37.6 x 54 cm) and 7 7/8 x 12 5/16 inches (20 x 31.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "83 | LXXI"; in brown ink, upper right: "LXXVII"; within image: labels A and B, I and II; in black ink, within image: measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of the Temple of Augustus & Platfond of another Temple at Mylassa"; in brown ink, on back, center right: "21"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | coffers (ceiling components) | floor plan | scale (rule) | temple | tombs
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Milâs | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of a Temple at Mylasa and Detail of a Coffered Ceiling from a Tomb, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.