Cnidus: Plan of the Harbor and Map of Sites
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 14 5/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.2 x 53.9 cm) and 8 x 12 3/8 inches (20.3 x 31.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "XC"; upper center: "Cnidos"; within image: labels A-I"; in graphite, lower right: "94"
watermark: Strasburg lily (Churchill 412)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | cartographic material | coastline | harbor | site plan | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Cnidus Nova | Ege kiyilari | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Cnidus: Plan of the Harbor and Map of Sites, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.