Cnidus: Plan of the Harbor and Map of Sites
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.2 x 53.9 cm) and Image: 8 x 12 3/8 inches (20.3 x 31.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "XC"; upper center: "Cnidos"; within image: labels A-I"; in graphite, lower right: "94"
watermark: Strasburg lily (Churchill 412)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartographic material | coastline | harbor | site plan | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Cnidus Nova | Ege kiyilari | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Cnidus: Plan of the Harbor and Map of Sites, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.