- Details of a Doric Order from the Forum of Halicarnassus and Details from a Temple in Geyna
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 x 14 3/4 inches (53.5 x 37.5 cm) and Image: 12 5/16 x 8 inches (31.3 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "88 | 77"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXXV."; within image: labels I-IV; lower center: of this Dorick there stand's [...] Columns in a straight line, is if belonging to a Forum, of Hallicarnassus, the rest is of Geyra"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | columns | Doric order | entablatures | forum | moldings | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Halicarnassus | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Doric Order from the Forum of Halicarnassus and Details from a Temple in Geyna, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.