IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Doric Order from the Forum of Halicarnassus and Details from a Temple in Geyna, ca. 1750
Details of a Doric Order from the Forum of Halicarnassus and Details from a Temple in Geyna
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 x 14 3/4 inches (53.5 x 37.5 cm), Image: 12 5/16 x 8 inches (31.3 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "88 | 77"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXXV."; within image: labels I-IV; lower center: of this Dorick there stand's [...] Columns in a straight line, is if belonging to a Forum, of Hallicarnassus, the rest is of Geyra"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | columns | Doric order | entablatures | forum | moldings | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Halicarnassus | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.