- Details of the Doric Order from the Athenian Temple of Apollo at Delos
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/16 x 14 13/16 inches (53.8 x 37.6 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "138 | 78"; lower center: "Temple of Apollo at Delos"; in brown ink, lower center: "Portique da Delos"
watermark: Strasburg lily (Churchill 412)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | caryatids | columns | Doric order | entablatures | moldings | temple
- Associated Places:
- Delos | Dhílos | Greece | Kikládhes | Nísoi Aiyaíou
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of the Doric Order from the Athenian Temple of Apollo at Delos, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.