Facade of a Baroque Church, Probably the Facade that Bernini Added to Pichetti's Chiesa da le Barberine in Rome in 1639
- Additional Title(s):
A Classical Facade, Possibly a Reconstruction, at Rhodes
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 21 1/4 x 15 inches (54 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "99"; upper left: "83"; lower center: "at Rhodes"
Watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | Baroque | church | facade | pediments
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Facade of a Baroque Church, Probably the Facade that Bernini Added to Pichetti's Chiesa da le Barberine in Rome in 1639, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.