- Veduta Occidentale del Monte Tabor
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 7/16 inches (37.8 x 54.4 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 x 14 7/16 inches (23.7 x 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "121"; in brown ink, upper left: "CXI."; within image: labels A-F; lower center: "VEDVTA OCCIDENTALE DEL MONTE TABOR"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | HaZafon, Mehoz | Israel | Mount Tabor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Veduta Occidentale del Monte Tabor, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.