- Monte delle Beatitudini
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 21 7/16 inches (38 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 x 14 7/16 inches (23.7 x 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "122"; in brown ink, upper left: "CX."; within image: labels A-C; lower center: "MONTE DELLE BEATITUDINI"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | coastline | hills | lake | landscape | mountain | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Hefa, Mehoz | Israel | Mount Carmel | Sea of Galilee
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Monte delle Beatitudini, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.