- Plan of Lake Tiberias
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 21 7/16 inches (37.7 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 14 7/16 inches (23.5 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "120"; in brown ink, upper left: "CIX."; in black ink, within image: labels 1-17"; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of the Lake of Tiberias"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | hills | lake | landscape | site plan | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | HaZafon, Mehoz | Israel | Sea of Galilee
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of Lake Tiberias, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.