Plan of Lake Tiberias
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 21 7/16 inches (37.7 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 14 7/16 inches (23.5 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "120"; in brown ink, upper left: "CIX."; in black ink, within image: labels 1-17"; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of the Lake of Tiberias"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | hills | lake | landscape | site plan | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | HaZafon, Mehoz | Israel | Sea of Galilee
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of Lake Tiberias, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.