- View, Cross Section, and Other Details of Cheop's Pyramid at Giza
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (54 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 8 inches (31.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "112 | R."; in brown ink, upper left: "CIV."; within image: labels I-VI and A-O; in black ink, lower center: scale; in brown ink, on back, upper center: "41"
watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cross section | elevation (drawing) | pyramid (tomb) | scale (rule) | tomb
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Frontier | Giza Necropolis | Great Pyramid of Giza | Matruh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View, Cross Section, and Other Details of Cheop's Pyramid at Giza, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.