IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View, Cross Section, and Other Details of Cheop's Pyramid at Giza, ca. 1750
View, Cross Section, and Other Details of Cheop's Pyramid at Giza
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (54 x 37.8 cm), Image: 12 3/8 x 8 inches (31.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "112 | R."; in brown ink, upper left: "CIV."; within image: labels I-VI and A-O; in black ink, lower center: scale; in brown ink, on back, upper center: "41"
watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cross section | elevation (drawing) | pyramid (tomb) | scale (rule) | tomb
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Frontier | Giza Necropolis | Great Pyramid of Giza | Matruh
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.