- Plan of Jerusalem
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 7/16 x 15 inches (54.5 x 38.1 cm) and Image: 14 5/16 x 9 1/4 inches (36.3 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "CXIII"; in graphite, upper right: "125"; lower center: "Plan of Jerusalem"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | mariners' compasses | plan (formal concept) | river | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Israel | Jerusalem | Yerushalayim, Mehoz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of Jerusalem, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.