IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of Jerusalem, ca. 1750
Plan of Jerusalem
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 7/16 x 15 inches (54.5 x 38.1 cm), Image: 14 5/16 x 9 1/4 inches (36.3 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "CXIII"; in graphite, upper right: "125"; lower center: "Plan of Jerusalem"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | mariners' compasses | plan (formal concept) | river | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Israel | Jerusalem | Yerushalayim, Mehoz
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.