- Additional Title(s):
View of Jerusalem
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 21 1/2 inches (36.4 x 54.6 cm) and Image: 11 1/16 x 18 1/4 inches (28.1 x 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "124"; in brown ink, upper left: "CXIV."; lower center: "GIERVSALEMME"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | cityscape | domes | hills | landscape | minarets | mountains | ruins | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Israel | Jerusalem | Yerushalayim, Mehoz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Gierusalemme, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.