- Details of a Doric Order from Toreh
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/16 x 14 7/8 inches (54.2 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 7/8 inches (31.4 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "59 | LI"; in brown ink, upper left: "LIX."; within image: labels A-E and measurements; in black ink, within image: scale; in graphite, lower center: "Members of a Doric Fabrick Capital architrave Frieze Cornice & Plafond at Toreh"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | columns | cornice | Doric order | entablatures | frieze (ornamental band)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Doric Order from Toreh, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.