View of Micale Promontorio
- ca. 1750
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 21 3/8 inches (37.6 x 54.3 cm), Image: 8 x 12 3/8 inches (20.3 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "LII."; within image: labels A-C; lower center: "MICALE PROMONTORIO"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coast | hills | island | landscape | sailboats | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of Micale Promontorio, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.