- Additional Title(s):
View of Samos
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 x 21 1/4 inches (38 x 54 cm), Image: 7 15/16 x 12 7/16 inches (20.2 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "50 | XXXXIV."; in brown ink, upper left: "L."; within image: labels A-E; lower center: "SAMOS"
watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | ruins | sailboats | ship
- Associated Places:
- Greece | Nísoi Aiyaíou | Sámos | Sámos | Sámos, Nísos
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.