Plan of the Port of Sigacik (ancient Teos)
- ca. 1750
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.8 x 54 cm), Image: 8 1/16 x 12 1/2 inches (20.4 x 31.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "37 | 37"; in brown ink, within image: labels A-E; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of the Ports of Teroo"; lower right: "XXXVII"; in brown ink, lower right: "XLIII"
watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coastline | harbor | port | site plan
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Izmir Ili | Sigacik | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of the Port of Sigacik (ancient Teos), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.