- Is'Tmo e Penisola di Cizico
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 3/4 inches (37.4 x 55.2 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 14 3/8 inches (23.5 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "30"; in brown ink, upper left: "XXXIV."; in black ink, within image: labels A-K; in brown ink, lower center: "ISTMO É PENISOLA DI CIZICO"
watermark: "IHS" in monogram, with a cross extending from the "H" and beneath it, "I VILLEDARY" (Churchill 411)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coastline | harbors | hills | isthmus | landscape | mountains | peninsula | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Balikesir | Belkis | Marmara | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Is'Tmo e Penisola di Cizico, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.