View of a Long Aqueduct
- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 22 inches (38.4 x 55.9 cm) and Image: 8 1/16 x 12 5/16 inches (20.4 x 31.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "26"; in brown ink, upper left: "XXIX. (crossed out and replaced in graphite with '22'); within image: labels A-C; lower center: "AQVEDOTTO LONGO"
watermark: Strasburg with "LVG" in monogram (Churchill 406)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | architectural subject | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of a Long Aqueduct, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.