- Additional Title(s):
View of an Angular Aqueduct
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.8 x 54 cm) and Image: 8 1/16 x 12 7/16 inches (20.5 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "25"; in brown ink, upper left: "XXVIII. (crossed out and replaced in graphite with '21'); in black ink, within image: labels A-E; in brown ink, lower center: "AQUVEDOTTO ANGOLARE"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | arches | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Aquedotto Angolare, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.