View of Ruins at Tivoli
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash, blue wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 21 1/4 inches (38.1 x 54 cm) and Image: 11 1/4 x 16 1/4 inches (28.6 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "C"
Watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | arches | architectural subject | bushes | hills | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Hadrian's Villa | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of Ruins at Tivoli, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.