View of Ruins at Tivoli
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash, blue wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 21 1/4 inches (38.1 x 54 cm) and Image: 11 1/4 x 16 1/4 inches (28.6 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "C"
Watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | arches | architectural subject | bushes | hills | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Hadrian's Villa | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of Ruins at Tivoli, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.