- Details of the Theater Composed of the Composite Order at Hierapolis (Now Pamukkale)
- ca. 1750
- Black ink and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/16 x 14 15/16 inches (54.1 x 38 cm) and Image: 12 5/16 x 7 7/8 inches (31.3 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "71 | LXIII"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXIX."; in black ink, within image: labels A and B and measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Door of the Scena & Cornice of the Theatre of the composite | order of the Hierapolis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | columns | Composite order | friezes | moldings | scale (rule) | theater
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Denizli Ili | Ege kiyilari | Pamukkale | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of the Theater Composed of the Composite Order at Hierapolis (Now Pamukkale), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.