- Cornelius vander Geest, Artis Pictoriæ Amator Antuerpiæ
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 14 1/2 × 11 11/16 inches (36.8 × 29.7 cm), Sheet: 9 11/16 × 7 inches (24.6 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 13/16 × 6 7/8 inches (22.4 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "37"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "48"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "ex c.24962 | W.48 V | Watermark 17 [(x good)] | W.48"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
lettered, lower center: "CORNELIUS VANDER GEEST | ARTIS PICTORIÆ AMATOR ANUERPLÆ"; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | Paul. Pontius Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paulus Pontius, 1603–1658, Flemish, Cornelius vander Geest, Artis Pictoriæ Amator Antuerpiæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.