- Lithograph on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 x 25 13/16 inches (50.5 x 65.6 cm) and Image: 14 1/8 x 16 11/16 inches (35.9 x 42.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "23/5"; inscribed in graphite in artist's hand, lower right below image (after signature): "imp"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Recruits."
Watermarked, upper center: "FJH" (text upside down); watermarked, center right: image of a unicorn (oriented vertically downwards)
Signed in graphite, lower center below image: "John Copley imp"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | army | crowd | dark | drafts | formal | hats | line | men | military art | monochrome | queue | recruits | sacrifice | shadows | soldiers | solemn | suits | ties | war | World War, 1914-1918 | youth
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.