A Bather About to Dive
- Etching with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 12 3/16 inches (39.6 x 31 cm), Plate: 13 x 8 1/16 inches (33 x 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "C 59/0"; lower left: "A Bather about to Dive 3"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bather | bathing | diving | figure study | man | nude | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John Copley, John Copley : 1875-1950, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 9, no. 30, NJ18 .C7492 C66 1990 (YCBA) [YCBA]