Study No. 2: Listening
- Additional Title(s):
The Artist's Wide, Ethel Gabain
- Lithograph on thin, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 17 x 13 15/16 inches (43.2 x 35.4 cm), Image: 13 1/4 x 10 3/16 inches (33.7 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "21/4"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | dress | interior | portrait | pose | ruff | stripes | wife | woman
- Associated People:
- Gabain, Ethel Léontine (1883–1950), painter and lithographer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John Copley, John Copley : 1875-1950, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 8, no. 12, NJ18 .C7492 C66 1990 (YCBA) [YCBA]