Aubertus Miræus Bruxellensis, Decanus Antuerpiensis
- Additional Title(s):
Aubert Miræus, Dean of Antwerp Cathedral
Aubert le Mire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (27 × 19.1 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 6 7/8 inches (24.4 × 17.5 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 × 6 9/16 inches (21.3 × 16.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "G.H. has been scratched out"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "42"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: W.55 II | Watermark 2 1645-50"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ex c.24962"
Watarmark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
lettered, lower center: "AUBERTUS MIRÆUS BRUXELLENSIS | DECANUS ANTUERPIENSIS. | Ant. van Dyck pinxit"; lettered, lower left: "P.Pontius Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | button | coat | dean | historian | literary theme | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Miraeus, Aubert (1573-1640), Belgian ecclesiastical historian
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paulus Pontius, 1603–1658, Flemish, Aubertus Miræus Bruxellensis, Decanus Antuerpiensis, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.