- The First Book of Urizen, Plate 2, "Preludium to the Book of Urizen" (Bentley 2a)
- Color-printed relief etching in orange-brown with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 5/8 inches (30.2 x 24.4 cm) and Plate: 6 5/8 x 4 1/8 inches (16.8 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | branches | children | flames | gowns | infant | literary theme | text | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The First Book of Urizen, Plate 2, "Preludium to the Book of Urizen" (Bentley 2a), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.