D. Petrus Paulus Rubbens Eques
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Peter Paul Rubens
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 14 1/4 × 11 1/16 inches (36.2 × 28.1 cm), Sheet: 9 1/8 × 6 3/16 inches (23.2 × 15.7 cm), Image: 8 1/4 × 6 1/16 inches (21 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "W 62 | 4th State | Very rare"; in graphite, verso, lower center: "ex C. 24962"
Collector's mark: "G.A.C." Watermark: "Foolscap"
Lettered, lower center: "D. PETRUS PAULUS RUBBENS EQUES. | REGI CATOLICO IN SANCTIORE CONSILIO A | SECRETIS ÆVI SUI APELLES ANTUERPIÆ | G.H."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit. | Paul Pontius Sculpsit"; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Rubens, Sir Peter Paul (1577–1640), painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Connections (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-05-26 - 2011-09-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Matthew Hargraves, Matthew Hargraves on Peter Paul Rubens's Peace Embracing Plenty, , January 20, 2012, 0 minutes, 23 seconds, http://www.youtube.com/v/dKoHvse6Ud0 [Website]