- Theodorus van Lonius, Pictor Humanarum Figurarum Majorum Lovanii
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 × 7 11/16 inches (26.8 × 19.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 7 inches (24.8 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 9 11/16 × 6 7/8 inches (24.6 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Watermark Fig I 1640-50"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "W.68 II [Inermedial]"
Watermark: "Arms of Lorraine" Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "THEODORUS VANLONIUS | PICTOR HUMANARUM FIGURARUM MAJORUM LOVANII"; lettered, lower left: "Paul du Pont Sculp. | Ant. van Dyck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paulus Pontius, 1603–1658, Flemish, Theodorus van Lonius, Pictor Humanarum Figurarum Majorum Lovanii, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.