- Cheshunt Church, 23 May 1814
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 7 7/8 inches (12.4 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center to upper right: "NB, For a Painting, Take away the railing, (as if the view was in the Church Yard) | to make the most of the Tomb Stones"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Cheshunt Church."
Signed and dated in pan and black ink, lower right: "May 23 1814. T.H."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Cheshunt Church, 23 May 1814, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.