- Saxon Remains in a Garden in Canterbury
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 8 inches (21.6 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "A Saxon Remains | in a Garden in Canterbury"; in graphite, center right: "Flint | wall"; lower center: "Yellowish | moulderd Stone"; in gray wash, lower left: "1812"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "TH."; dated in graphite,upper right: "1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Saxon Remains in a Garden in Canterbury, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.