Head - Drawing for a Lithograph
- Red chalk and black ink on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 23 × 17 3/4 inches (58.4 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in brushed brown ink, upper left: "1"; lower left: DRAWING FOR A LITHOGRAPH"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "INK & RED EARTH"
Signed and dated in brushed brown ink, lower right: "V. NEWSOME. 1981"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | figure study | hatching | head | mask
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Victor Newsome, 1935–2018, British, Head - Drawing for a Lithograph, 1981
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.