- Joannes Wildens, Pictor Ruralium Prospectuum Antuerpiæ
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, browned white paper
- Sheet: 13 × 9 3/8 inches (33 × 23.8 cm), Plate: 9 5/16 × 7 inches (23.7 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 × 6 7/8 inches (21.3 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W.70 III"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "ex c 24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "landscape painter b.1584 | d.1644 | W.70 III | Watermark 8b | 1640-50 (Intermedial); inscribed in graphite, verso, lower lft: "(5 states) | Extremely rare"
Watermark: Foolscap Collector's mark; "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "JOANNES WILDENS | PICTOR RURALIUM PROSPECTUUM ANTUERPIÆ."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | Paul du Pont Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paulus Pontius, 1603–1658, Flemish, Joannes Wildens, Pictor Ruralium Prospectuum Antuerpiæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.