- Robertus van Voerst, Calcographus Londini
- Line engraving and stipple engraving (4th state) on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/16 × 8 5/16 inches (28.1 × 21.1 cm), Sheet: 9 7/16 × 6 3/4 inches (24 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 8 1/2 × 6 1/2 inches (21.6 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "w.73 IV | ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "II.80 - IV"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper left: "Watermark 15 | 2nd Edition of G.H. 1660 | Engraver | b.1596 | died in London 1660 | 'Rare' | (5 states)"; inscribed in pen and black ink, on mount, lower left: "W.73 (4th state)"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "ROBERTUS VAN VOERST, | CALCOGRAPHUS LONDINI, | G.H."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | R.V. Vorst Sculp"; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert van Voerst, 1597–1636, Dutch, active in Britain (from 1627), Robertus van Voerst, Calcographus Londini, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.