- Theodorus Galle, Calcographus Anterpiæ
- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured bued white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 15 × 11 1/16 inches (38.1 × 28.1 cm), Sheet: 9 9/16 × 6 3/8 inches (24.3 × 16.2 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 × 6 1/8 inches (21.4 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "W 81 III | ex c 24962"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "THEODORUS GALLE | CALCOGRAPHUS ANTUERPIÆ. | G.H."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxcit | Vorsterman Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Theodorus Galle, Calcographus Anterpiæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.