- Worth Matravers, Dorset
- Watercolor, graphite, black chalk and blue chalk on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 23 inches (39.4 x 58.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Dead | ivy"; in graphite upper center: "grey | grey | [...] grey"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "Coast Landscape. | (Worth Matravers) | Dorset"; in graphite upper right: "1 1/2 2 1/4 | 20 | 1/1"; in graphite lower right: "FAS 19671"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Paul Nash"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | steps | stones | trees | wall | water
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Worth Matravers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Nash, 1889–1946, British, Worth Matravers, Dorset, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.