- From the Public House near Scale Hill, 2 August 1835
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 13 inches (23.2 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Hay Stacks | Grey Nob | Green Gravel | Great Gavel"; lower right: "From the Public House close by | church near Scale Hill"
Lettered inside image in graphite, center right: "John Banks | Beer"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "2 Augt. 1835 TH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, From the Public House near Scale Hill, 2 August 1835, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.