- Maria Ruten, Nata in Scotia, Uxor Antonii van Dyck
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 11/16 inches (26.7 × 19.5 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 × 6 5/8 inches (24.3 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 8 13/16 × 6 5/16 inches (22.4 × 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "[...]173m"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "No 107"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "II state | Tres-rare"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "24964 Wib. vol. II | D.Z."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ex c.24962"
Watermark: "Foolscap" Collector's mark: "G.A.C.
Lettered, lower center: "MARIA RUTEN | NATA IN SCOTIA UXOR ANTONII VAN DYCK PICTORIS, | E RUTORUM FAMILIA NOBILISSIMA ORIUNDA."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "S. a Bolswert Scupsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Schelte A. Bolswert, 1586–1659, Dutch, Maria Ruten, Nata in Scotia, Uxor Antonii van Dyck, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.