Scelte a Bolswart, Calcographus Antuerpiæ
- Former Title(s):
Schelte a Bolswert, Dutch Engraver
- Part Of:
- ca. 1635
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 8 5/16 inches (29.4 × 21.1 cm), Plate: 11 3/16 × 7 13/16 inches (28.4 × 19.8 cm), Image: 10 × 7 5/8 inches (25.4 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "W 106 II | ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "26"
Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "SCELTE A BOLSWART | CALCOGRAPHUS ANTUERPIÆ"; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyc inuentor | Adr. Lommelin Sculpsit."; lettered, lower right: "Gillis Hendricx excudit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Bolswert, Schelte (ca. 1586–1659), Dutch painter and engraver
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Adrian Lommelin, c. 1637–1677, Scelte a Bolswart, Calcographus Antuerpiæ, ca. 1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.