Isle of Wight and Kent Sketchbook
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 5 1/4 inches (13.3 cm) and Cover: 5 1/4 × 7 3/8 inches (13.3 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed inside back cover in graphite, lower left of image: "Thursday 3rd Setpr | Saturday 13th"
Lettered label inside front cover: "WINSOR & NEWTON, | Manufacturing | ARTISTS; COLOURMEN, | To Her Majesty | & H.R.H. THE PRINCE CONSORT, | 38 Rathbone Place, London.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beach | boats | dry dock | dry wall | grass | harbor | lake | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | mast | pier | rigging | rivers | ruins | storm | sunset | weather vanes | weathervane
- Associated Places:
- England | Isle of Wight | Kent | Sandwich | St Peter's Church, Sandwich | Stour
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Clarkson Stanfield, 1793–1867, British, Isle of Wight and Kent Sketchbook, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.