- Serenissimus Princeps Wolfangus Wilhelmus, D.G. Comes Palatinus Rheni, Dux Bavariæ
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 12 3/4 inches (41.9 × 32.4 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 × 6 3/4 inches (24.9 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 × 6 5/8 inches (21.7 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W.118 I"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "W.118 1st state | Watermark II | 1630-40"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Not in P.M. | described by [...] | W120 | marks before [...] printings | in this [...] not in 90"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "[...]"
Watermark: Eagle Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: SERENISSIMUS PRINCEPS WOLFANGUS WILHELMUS, D.G. COMES PALATINEUS RHENI, | DUX BAVARIÆ; JULIACI CLIVIÆ, ET MONTIUM, COMES VELDENTII, SPONIHEMII | MARCHIÆ, RAVENSBURGH ET MOERSIT DOMINUS IN RAVENSTEIN, ETC. | Cu Privileg."; lettered, lower left: "D.A.van Dyck Eques Pinxit."Vosterman Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Serenissimus Princeps Wolfangus Wilhelmus, D.G. Comes Palatinus Rheni, Dux Bavariæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.