Serenissimus Princeps Ferdinandus Austriacus S.R.E. Cardinalis Belgarum Bourgundorumq Gubernator etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Cardinal-Infante Ferdinand of Austria
Don Fernando de Austria
Cardinal-Infante Fernando de España
Ferdinand von Osterreich
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 14 7/16 × 11 inches (36.7 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 9 13/16 × 7 15/16 inches (24.9 × 20.2 cm), Image: 9 × 7 3/4 inches (22.9 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2 | W.138 | 1st state rare | This watermark is not | given in [Wibuick]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: :"ex c 24962"
Collector's mark: "G.A.C." Watermark
Lettered, lower center: "SERENISSIMUS PRINCEPS FERDINANDUS AUSTRIACUS S.R.E. CARDINALIS | BELGARUM BOURGUNDORUMQ GUBERNATOR ETC. | Pet. de Jode fecit."; lettered, lower left: "Antonius van dyck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: Joannes Meyssens execudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cardinal | collar | curtain | governor | jacket | man | mustache | nobility | portico | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | royalty | sash | scepter
- Associated People:
- Fernando, Infante of Spain (1609–1641), Spanish noble and patron
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter de Jode, ca. 1606–1674, Flemish, Serenissimus Princeps Ferdinandus Austriacus S.R.E. Cardinalis Belgarum Bourgundorumq Gubernator etc, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.